Monday, March 12, 2012

30-Before-30 #22 Reorganize My Walk in Closet

OK ~ Confession time...

I only put this task on my 30-Before-30 because I've been procrasting about it for way too long :-)  And I knew that if I put it on my list, I would do it, just to check it off :-)

I absolutely love to organize things....however this was a BIG job, so I was dreading doing it.
Some of the items our closet contains are:


  • most of my husbands clothing
  • all my hanging clothing
  • all my sweaters
  • my shoe collection
  • all of our "construction" clothing
  • my hope chest
  • my husbands tie collection (well it's not really a collection...but he's a pastor so there is a tie in every shade and design imaginable!)
  • all our belts
  • my purses
  • laundry hamper

But I did it I tackled our closet.
It took me many hours!!!  

Sorry I have no photo's of this project :-)

I sorted through all my clothing
(while I was at it I went through all the clothes in my dresser as well)

Reorganized my husbands clothing

Installed a new wall shelf to hold my sweaters

Installed a new track lighting fixture, so that there would be more light in our closet

Hung up a 6 peg wall hook, for my husbands "to be worn again" clothing

And I hung a cute new curtain over the closet door 
~ a door will be installed someday...but our home is a work in progress, so a cute curtain will work for now :-)


Enjoying knowing exactly where all my clothing is

Melodiejoy

No comments: