Back in December, a friend purchased me some new coffee syrups for my espresso drinks, and when I turned on my espresso machine the next morning to try one out...my machine died :-( So sad, this is actually my second espresso maker to kick the bucket since I've been married ~ sigh ~
So I began the shopping experience of looking for a new one....sadly I purchased not 1 but 2 different espresso makers (from 2 different stores, and 2 different brands) that I needed to return because they didn't work at all!!
Finally however, while we were vacationing in Austin MN, I found an espresso maker at Target! Because of having to return 2 machines already, I took the machine to my hotel room, and tried it out before travelling back to Canada where I would not be able to return it. Thankfully it worked great. So I packed it back up...and a brought it home.
I was happy to be home from vacation, and on the first morning home, I made myself a yummy espresso drink. Then to keep with my 30-Before-30 goal, I continued on for not 7 but now 9 days, having not 1 but 2 specialty drinks a day :-)
So I will share with you my favourite homemade coffee drink :-)
Hmm, for the sake of this post...I'll call it....
"Melodiejoy's Caramel Mocha"
First you need an Espresso Machine ~ just stating the obvious...because I wanted to show you a picture of my new machine.
Next, compress your grounds into the espresso ground container (or the what-ya-ma-call-it)
Then I start by brewing 4 cups of espresso, into my "brewing" mug... (yes I do love my coffee)
After this I pour 1/4 cup chocolate milk into my "frothing" mug...
and froth it nice and "poofy", till it bubbles over the top of the mug. (you can also use white milk...but chocolate milk was on sale this week ~ cheaper than white ~ and it tastes sooo good)
Then I pump in some syrup into my "serving" mug For this drink I use caramel flavoring...but lots of flavors would be great with this, just experiment with what you love!
I then pour the espresso on top the syrup...no stirring needed...but you can if you want too :-)
Next I pour the frothed milk on top...once again no stirring...
You can stop here if you like...because this also makes an amazing drink (it's what I had this morning)
Or you can continue on with whipping cream
This was a "splurge" purchase with my groceries last week :-)
I shoot some whipping cream on top....then drizzle some caramel (ice-cream) syrup on top
-I also sometimes sprinkle cinnamon on top
Finally I serve it with my breakfast...which the morning I took these photos,was a homemade iced cinnamon bun. mmmm....
Then enjoy your creation ~ just avoid reading calorie content...because it could be discouraging ~ But I don't drink the whipped cream/syrup drinks everyday so I don't feel bad about having them once in awhile.
contently sipping coffee
melodiejoy












No comments:
Post a Comment