Last year we finally moved into our new master bedroom after a couple l-o-n-g years of renovation.
We decided on doing something bold with the paint ~ purple ~ and so far we have not regretted this decision.
We decided on doing something bold with the paint ~ purple ~ and so far we have not regretted this decision.
However to get everything to match in the room, I needed to change our dark brown dressers to a crisp white.
So here’s the before photos:
I loved the shape, and details of these dressers when we first got them second hand, but the wood was knicked up and scraped in many places (especially the top of the ladies dresser) So I knew that eventually they would need to be refinished.
- So first I sanded everything down...thankfully the scrapes were mostly fixed just with basic sanding, others I filled in and sanded smooth J
- Then I primed them white
- Painted them ~ with 3 coats of the same white used on the trim in the room.
I learned on this project that even though all that detail on the dresser drawers and the mirror is beautiful, all those tiny crevices took time and patience to coat in paint without completely filling them in. ~ sorry about the lamp pole in this picture... I needed more light for all the detailed work ~
- I also took all the handles and spray painted them a brushed pewter ~ sorry I didn’t take any pictures of that ~ but I must say that spray painting old hardware was really easy, and resulted in an amazing product once complete.
So tada
~Joyfully renovating a 99 year old home~








3 comments:
they look beautiful! the white softens them so much.
Biiiiiggggg job, well done!! Classic white, looks great!
Thanks ladies, this was actually my first furniture make over, and it has really encouraged me to do more :-)
Post a Comment