Saturday, October 29, 2011

Master Mix for Bakers

I must share with you a recipe that I stumbled across years ago. It's a recipe that I have baked well over 100 times. (I'm not joking ~ I normally make a batch up for Sunday breakfasts)

This recipe has simplified my life more times that I can count!!

Are you ready????


Introducing:

Click on the link above to go to the  recipe
I know it has about the most boring name ever...but trust me you need to give this a shot.

First you will need a massive bowl (I don't have 1 big enough so I use 2 large baking bowls and divided the ingredients evenly between them)

Then you mix up enough dry ingredients to make 10 dozen muffins.....yep  that's right 10 dozen!!!  

You will then divide them up and store them in your kitchen by mixes that will make 2 dozen at a time - the same size as those packaged muffin mixes you can pay a small fortune for at the store ~ I'm sure I've saved a lot of $ making these over the years!

Here's where it gets exciting...you can just add the basic wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, water, and oil) and make ABC Muffins (which are a favourite to one of the youth in our church)

~OR~

you can add different ingredients to the dry mix (the recipe includes all these too!!!!) to make any of the following kinds of muffins:

  1. Apple Muffins
  2. Applesauce Muffins
  3. Apricot Muffins
  4. Banana Muffins
  5. Blueberry Muffins
  6. Bran Molasses Muffins
  7. Butterscotch Muffins
  8. Carrot Muffins
  9. Cashew Muffins
  10. Cherry Muffins
  11. Chocolate Chip Fudge Muffins
  12. Coconut Muffins
  13. Cranberry Orange Muffins
  14. Currant Muffins
  15. Date Muffins
  16. Eggnog Muffins
  17. Fig Muffins
  18. Fruit Muffins
  19. Garden Fresh Muffins
  20. Gingerbread Muffins
  21. Granola Muffins
  22. Grapenuts Muffins
  23. Hazelnut Muffins
  24. Incredible Cream Cheese Muffins
  25. Jam Muffins
  26. Kisses and Hugs Muffins
  27. Lemon Muffins
  28. Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
  29. Mandarin Muffins
  30. Maple Muffins
  31. Marmalade Muffins
  32. Mincemeat Muffins
  33. Oatmeal Muffins
  34. Orange Muffins
  35. Peach Muffins
  36. Peanutty Muffins
  37. Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
  38. Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
  39. Pear Muffins
  40. Pecan Muffins
  41. Pineapple Carrot Raisin Muffins
  42. Pineapple Macadamia Muffins
  43. Plum Muffins
  44. Prune Muffins
  45. Pumpkin Muffins
  46. Rum Raisin Muffins
  47. Sesame Seed Muffins
  48. Sour Cream Muffins
  49. Squash Muffins
  50. Strawberry Muffins
  51. Sweet Potato Muffins
  52. Tropical Treat Muffins
  53. Vanilla Muffins
  54. Walnut Muffins
  55. Wheat Germ Muffins
  56. Yogurt Muffins
  57. Zucchini Muffins
~OR~

If you have made these as many times as I have you can just add random muffin ingredients that you find in your kitchen, and mix it all up for tasty muffins!!!!

The recipe also includes 2 different toppings you can put on the top of your muffins or you can just leave the tops plain (which is what I normally do)

These muffins have never failed in our home!  I have not tried all the variant recipes above...but I have tried most of them, and they have all been GREAT!

a 2 dozen batch of any flavour of these go very quickly with the 6 of us (that's only 4 a piece)


~ joyfully sharing a family favourite recipe ~
~ melodiejoy ~

No comments: