Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Mothers Ponderings

Why is it that I have to wash my windows every month? 
(Actually I they could be done more often, but I don’t really have the time)

~ Oh yeah ~ it’s those 40 tiny fingers drawing smiley faces (and other doodles) on my windows, and there is also those practically daily times when they are squishing their noses to the glass watching for company to arrive, and then there’s the occasional lip marks ~ ewww ~ yeah so I’m really not sure why those are there ~ did I say ewww~


On our way into our home last night after church I looked up at a window, sighed and stated, “I guess I have to wash the windows again.”  To which one of my daughters (Sneezy) replied “Oh, but Mom the smiley face is so pretty!” ~ I looked at her and said “No, no actually smiley faces on glass are not pretty” ~ It seemed to be a revelation to her, she just had not ever considered that doodling is reserved for paper J

So today, after Homeschool is complete ~ guess what I’m doing ~ That’s right washing windows

~smile~ It may be lots of extra work
~ but those adorable kiddo’s are sooooo worth it!
~melodiejoy~

1 comment:

Crafty Mischief said...

Thanks for the comment Melodie! The shoes were so much fun to make! I'm kind of hoping she scuffs some more so I can give them a makeover too! :)